Friday, April 29, 2011

red rock

There is nothing better than an unexpected few days off and a last minute trip to anywhere warm!
The thursday before spring break Breton found out the doctor he'd be rotating with that next week was taking half the week off, soooo Breton got it off too! WAHOO! 
Days off are pretty much nonexistent right now so we knew we had to do something fun. We headed down to St. George the next day and boy was it well worth it- the weather was PERFECT and 80's. A much need break from the constant rain/snow back home.

We did some easy hiking at the Dixie rock and addie loved it. She was confused when I got her dressed in shorts and a t-shirt the first morning. YAY for summer clothes!

Uncle Brig came down with us too and we met Colette and her boyfriend Pierce there, Addie had too much fun with these guys. I'm pretty sure she thinks Brigham is her second dad, she talks about him all the time. His name was the first name she could say besides mama and dada. 
little missy
  
The boys couldn't fit through the slot canyon like the old days so they forced me to do it. There's a pic of me making my way, luckily I made it out before 
the panic attack started. Breton and Addie watched me from above.





Breton and Brig squeezed in a round of golf while Addie and I were suppose to be napping (didn't happen), the boys borrowered some of Grandpa Ray's trucker hats for golf which they liked so much they wore them the rest of the day (and Brig proceeded to take his home with him..)

After golf we got our swim on then hit up some tennis
She's got her priorities straight

We did a sweet hike just outside of Hurricane the next day, we'd done this one before and knew it'd be a perfect day for getting wet
Addie was well hydrated, she wouldn't stop sucking on the camelback
Some of Pierce's fam joined us for the hike, Colette and Pierce's niece
Colette + Addie
Michael Jackson tribute

 Made it! 
Addie got use to the FREEZING water pretty quick, and she put her adorable pink keen's to good use (thanks to Ash!)

And now for the fun stuff
 Brig

 Breton

Colette (my fav)

 Pierce

EK!

After Colette went, I knew I had to
 I was slightly stressed, only about the coldness of the water. I could barely even dip my toe in it without freaking out, Addie was even braver than me
 Survived!

 Colette+Pierce
Breanne+Jake

 On our way back down Breton and Colette took on the BIG KAHUNA
just watching scared the crap out of me.

Before we headed home, we spent a day in Vegas. I forced Breton to go so I could shop at H&M...and see the sites...sorda 
The display inside Bellagio was amazing as always, this is a huge ferris wheel behind us surrounded by a bizillion tulips
We are so lucky that Breton's grandparents Audrene and Ray always let us stay with them when we come down. We enjoyed spending time with them and they loved seeing Addie and got a kick out of her silliness. I wanted to get a pic of Addie with them but I was a big loser and forgot. An excuse to come back!
They have this beautiful courtyard attached to their condo and it even has 3 putting holes, Addie LOVED spending time out here. 

being daddy's caddy 

We love St. George and may consider moving down if the weather in SL doesn't stop acting up.
WE'LL MISS YOU St. George! 
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Next time you come down, we have to make plans together! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And you are more than welcome to moved down here - there are plenty of jobs for MDs. The weather's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love when you post!

    Addie is such a doll. I love how long her hair is getting! St. George/Vegas looks like it was a ton of fun. The picture of you inbetween the rocks makes me have anxiety just looking at it :) Brave, very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Everytime we go down we think we will do that hike and never have time. Props to you for jumping in...BRRRR! And HOLY CRAP...the Big Kahuna, in the picture it doesn't look like there is anyway they would clear the rock?! EEK! So glad Addie is able to use those Keen's I need to get some for Summit, they are my FAVORITE for kids!! Way better than darn flip flops!

    ReplyDelete