Friday, August 6, 2010

Independence Day

Our fourth of July weekend was so great this year filled with lots of fun times with family. My festive baby was ready for fun!
If you haven't hiked around Silver Lake, you're missing out.  We headed up the canyon last minute with Breton's brother Brandon and his family and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  The great outdoors at its best!









I was loving capturing Addie's expressions as she walked with her Daddy and took in all the beautiful surroundings








Sahara being a cutie pie and even letting Addie man handle her face, just about her favorite thing to do


Lucky me caught the look of terror the moment befoe the tumble, one of many to come
 





falling apart for no reason=nap time

The evening of the 3rd, Breton and I left Addie behind with Grandma and went with Brooks and Katie to Stadium of Fire. Carrie Underwood was awesome and the fireworks were...well, as good as fireworks could be watching them out of the car window.  Brooks and Katie were sure to not be stuck in 3 hours of traffic like last year. I can't blame them. It was a fun night nonetheless.

We went up to Park City on the 4th for their fireworks, since most the city had done theirs the night before since the 4th fell on a sunday this year. I think we might just make a tradition out of it. The cool mountain air is unbeatable, the scenary is amazing, and we didn't have to fight crowds. We loved that it was chilly so we could cuddle up in a blanket to watch the show.
Yes she fell asleep during her first fireworks. And just a note, she NEVER falls asleep in my arms. ever. 

And lastly a few shots of the Layton city parade, a first for everyone. Typically Breton's family all goes to the Kaysville Parade but this year we made it to the Layton one





Did I mention it was a billion degrees this day? Thanks to Cheri for keeping everyone hydrated

Grateful for the good times with our family, and especially for the amazing country we live in and all those who fight for our freedom.  

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see there wasn't snow at mirror lake this year haha. Kinda funny we weren't invited to that again. Guess no one appreciates our sarcasm anymore.
    You are so funny, I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute Addie! I love her 4th of July outfit...it makes me so excited that I'm having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were up at Silver Lake on the 4th, too! It would have been hilarious if we would have run into each other. :)

    ReplyDelete