Our babe has arrived.
Colby Adam Yates
Arrived on February 22, 2012
at 5:52 p.m.
5 lbs. 15 oz.
19 inches long
our hearts are overflowing with love for this little boy.
first look at the babe we just brought into this World
pre-baby belly
before becoming a family of four...
love
grandma Cari
proud gpa Richard
born a Ute fan
The labor was, well, pretty darn slick.
I went in for my weekly appointment at 1:30 pm at 38 weeks and 5 days along, and to my surprise I was dialated to a 5 and 90% effaced when my Dr. checked me.
Her exact words as she checked me:
'Wait-you're really dialated... what were you at last week?? A 3? Your a solid 5. Your gonna head down to labor and delivery cause I do not want you to have this baby in the car!'
?????
I was a little in shock.
I'd been dialated to a 3 for 3 weeks and had convinced myself that I'd make it to my induction date (leap day).
I'd been having contractions that morning about 10 minutes apart, which was pretty normal for the past few days. They had started to hurt my back more often with each contraction the last day or two, but I still wasn't convinced I was in labor. Or at least I didn't think I was...
Good thing I had my appointment or who knows how quickly I may have progressed once my body was in full on active labor.
Breton, my mom and my sister Jen headed straight out to the hospital, as I paced the l&d halls for 45 minutes waiting for a room. I was now having contractions every 3-4 minutes and was starting to think I might have this baby in the halls!!!
Finally into a room, my nurse checked me and I was a 6+. It was just after 3:00 now. I got the epidural half hour later, my Dr. thinking I better get the epidural before they break my water as I could likely progress very quickly. Broke my water at 4:00 and was still a 6+ at that point.
Contractions slowed in intensity a bit thanks to the epidural, but I was still able to feel the pressure of most of the contractions and move my legs. By 5:00, my nurse checked me and I was an 8. She gave me a 'wiff' of pitocin at this point to get me to a 10 and by 5:25 my epidural had started to wear off and I started having intense back labor through 2-3 contractions. I was about to page my nurse, but she must have known cause she walked in, checked me and I was a 10. She gave me a quick shot of pain meds to help me make it through the labor and I was ready!
Breton called Jen and my mom to hurry up from the cafeteria cause the fun was about to begin!
Pushed through 4 contractions and the babe was out!
Its an unbelievable experience to bring a life into this world. We are SO happy he is healthy and are over the moon about this precious little boy being a part of our family.


What a sweet Lil boy he is!! And so lucky to have you guys as his parents. Can't wait to see what mischief our boys get into together!! Congrats you guys.
ReplyDeleteYay...I have been waiting for this post!! He is the SWEETEST. I love his name too. And loved hearing the birth story...I hope my second one goes so smoothly. I hope you're doing well - I need to come visit you soon!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats - he really is adorable.
Congrats!!! He is so cute, I love his name!!
ReplyDeleteWe almost had our boys on the same day! SO close!
XOXO
Janell
Yaaaaa!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I am so happy for you guys!! I'm excited our boys will be so close in age! Love ya girl! We need to get together soon!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful, Lara. You did a great job. Wonderful pictures - they make me miss that newborn stage so much. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete