Saturday, November 17, 2012

colbster

 Addie's coined the nickname Colbster for our little Colby
Colbster's been up to lots lately that I can barely keep up with this little guy
here's a random array of what Colbster's doing these days 


Colbs started doing his version of the crawl just shy of 8 months
it went a little something like this: 
lunge forward with both hands, scoot the bottom half of his little self forward, repeat
He's been crawling for about a month now and has perfected it within the last couple weeks, he's getting pretty speedy with getting around the house especially making it to the bathroom without mama looking
this little blondie is still quite the talker, he jabbers, yells, growls and makes just about any noise to make himself be heard
 naked planking isn't an unusual site around these parts
and yes that big noggin makes life difficult sometimes
playdate with cousin Jonathan and the wiggles
He popped his first baby tooth at 8 months
it was a torturous week! 
I kinda hope that one tooth might be it for a while cause 
that one-toothed smile just melts my heart
 he is one lucky little guy to have such a caring and protective big sister,
the first sound of a cry and she's running to his rescue to see what's wrong
its quite apparent with watching these two the love Colby has for his big sis already
he's constantly smiling and giggling at her
he literally smothers her whenever he can get close to her
 once he finally figured out the purpose of a jumper is to jump he's totally been diggin it, at least for a good 20 minutes then he's anxious for another form of entertainment
little baldies!
cousins Colby and Brecken getting acquainted with football
 his very favorite thing to do currently is pull himself up to a stand
he's yet to figure out how to get back down so its just a matter of time before he comes tumbling down or I give him a little help, hopefully the latter
I knew it was only a matter of time til this happened
its made napping virtually impossible!
but that face is too cute to get mad
 he thinks he is such the big boy now

needless to say he looooooves his baths
other things about this little man:
 still likes to sleep on his tummy
is officially a two-finger sucker (pointer and middle)
 he favors the left hand but will make do with the right if the left is unavailable
 I wasn't sure if this was gonna stick around but it sure has, whether he's eating, sleeping or relaxing, he's sucking on those fingers
will completely relax his body and not move a muscle if you gently rub his back
this is probably the only time in his life when awake that he actually stops moving
loves his veggies
gets cold hands and feet easily like his mama and sister
lights up any room with his infectious smile
is full of so much personality already which makes life as his mama so much fun
rarely cries, even when hungry or tired its more of a half cry/whimper, the only time a real cry comes out is if he's hurt
is the sweetest, most lovable baby boy I know!!!

4 comments:

  1. Naked planking = ADORABLE! I think it's great that he and Addie have such a great relationship - her taking care of him, and him giving her all that baby love. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did he grow up?!! Holy cow - I can't BELIEVE he is already old enough to crawl. Didn't you JUST have him?? Crazy how fast time goes, especially with the second. I love Addie and Colbs relationship. She is the perfect big sis and he is the perfect little bro. I feel that way about my kiddos...well except more like Jake is the perfect little brother - not so sure about the perfect big sis ;)

    He is absolutely the cutest! I love his bald/blonde hair and sweet little face. I want to see him again! We will be in town 2 weeks for Christmas. West High girls mini reunion again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun seeing him so little (only 3 months older than William!). Naked planking made me laugh out loud. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete