Thursday, April 19, 2012

easter

We had a fun easter this year!
Addie's old enough now to participate in easter activities and actually have some fun with it. We did a egg hunt out in Cottonwood Heights with Brandon and Ashley's fam the morning before easter. Too bad we arrived at 8:59 a.m. right as the egg hunt was beginning. So we missed it. Yay for us. Mornings and me do not get along very well these days. Oh well! We made up for it with other egg hunts and still got a couple eggs. 
And Addie didn't seem to care too much.
I think these two are looking so much alike! 
And how cute is Summit's fohawk. Seriously. Can't wait for Colby to grow some hair.
Tris and I had this brilliant idea (ok I lied we saw it on pinterest) to do a glow in the dark egg hunt. So fun!!! I will be doing this every year with my kids. A fun twist on egg hunts. We bought glow sticks and put them inside easter eggs and hid them all over her backyard. Kids loved it. My pics were not the best but you get the idea.





We also dyed Easter eggs at Katie's house with Breton's fam, no pics were taken by me but it was loads of fun. Minus the screaming baby that evening. :(

Easter morning with the easter baskets.
she's got the pose down.
princess camera
Colby looks quite concerned.
 I think he knows there's more to that innocent look his sister's pulling...





my boys 



 We kept trying to bribe Addie to hold Colby just for a second. I threatened her I'd throw away all her candy. haha.
 he started crying so she decided she didn't like that too much.
I told her to stop covering Colby's mouth.
And then she pushed him forward onto our just fertilized lawn.
Nice. The kid didn't even cry. Just had yellow pellets smashed into his face.

 Naughty girl. She is so darn cute though.
 We bribed her to hold Colby again just for a second cause I really wanted at least one shot with his face not in the lawn. She held him for maybe 5 seconds then stood up and let him fall over again. At least Breton was close this time! This is really typical when she wants to hold him, it'll last for a few short seconds then she just lets go and is on her way.
This tender picture was worth it though :)
 Easter sunday at my mom's. 
My mama teaching the kiddos about Christ.
Best mama ever.


Addie gave up and planted down to eat her candy after finding 4 eggs. 
Lacks patience just like her mom.
Court was all about finding as many eggs as possible.

It was the perfect lighting outside that evening.



and a shot of little colbsters to end this easter post.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Love Addie's pose by her basket, and her holding Colby...sounds just like summit! You got a great shot though! Gorgeous kiddos. Can't believe how big tristas kids are getting. And love the glow in the dark idea! So doing that next year. You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, you look so beautiful! I can sympathize with the less-than-gentle toddler with the baby. It's slowly getting better, though lately I have to remind Soren that we don't wrestle with babies. Haha. Addie and Colby are so cute - I love seeing pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glow in the dark Easter egg hunt idea - so fun! (good ol' pinterest always comes through).

    I can't stop laughing at Addie holding Colby. That is hilarious that she just goes about her way once she's done :) Colby is a trooper.

    Addie is a beauty. I love seeing pictures of your kids. And you look amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara I just got caught up on your blog since having Colby...ohmygosh your kids are so dang cute! Addie reminds me so much of Mady when Sophie was first born...but no worries, they are BFFs now haha! And congrats on UCONN, so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LG! Look at your cute family! I cant believe that we all have kids now, and get to start our own traditions, life is crazy! Addie definately is a cutie, and sounds like a stinker too!! Gotta love having daughters.... or 3 for me haha Im glad we both got our boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute family you have!! He is a daring baby and that Addie, I think you have your hands full!! XXoo

    ReplyDelete