Monday, January 30, 2012

the long overdue baby post

So here's the belly in all its glory!
(and in all MY glory in my pj's)
We took this picture last weekend at 35 weeks along.
 I'm now 35 weeks and 3 days...
(Addie jumped in the picture last minute, do you like her tutu I made for her when she was 3 mos old?? She just found it and somehow she still fits into it)

I saw my Dr. today as we're now on the weekly visit schedule, and she checked me and I've dialated to a 2+ and am 60% effaced. Yikes! I was expecting to be dialated some as I've had lots more Braxton Hicks contractions this past week, but thought I'd probably just be a 1.
Who knows though, I could easily just stay at this point for a few more weeks...its so unpredictable! and that's what kills me!

If I had to guess though I think I'll deliver in the next two weeks...my guess at this moment is February 13th.  I'll probably jinx myself and go well into March now.

We were comparing the pic we took of me leaving for the hospital with Addie at 37.5 wks along to this pic above and I'm definitely bigger this time around. Which is a good thing cause I wouldn't at all mind a little bit bigger babe, as Addie was only 5 lbs. 5 oz.

*Similarities to 1st pregnancy...*

-nauseated and tired during 1st trimester (who isn't though??)

-drank TONS of milk

-ate cereal at least one meal per deal 
(although this time its been frosted flakes, last time was cinnamon toast crunch, so this one technically overlaps both lists)


*Differences from 1st pregnancy...*

-nauseated the ENTIRE pregnancy this time around. I'm still taking Zofran daily. Hallelujah for Zofran or I'd be one unhappy pregnant lady. It seems to kick about 75% of the nausea.

-I've been on Zofran this time, last pregnancy I toughed it out. Luckily the nausea stopped last time at about 14 weeks.

-no heartburn this pregnancy. YAY. I was on prevacid the last half of my last pregnancy.

-larger with this one, I'm guessing I'll gain about 5 lbs more in total.

-sleeping better this time around. go figure. I'm probably just more tired from chasing around my crazy 2 year old.

-serious meat aversions. The only burger I've been able to eat is a Hires Big H. Top it off with some fries and fry sauce and I'm real happy.  Also haven't liked pork much, and chicken is hit or miss.

-no sciatic nerve pain (except for a couple rare instances), had a fair bit of this with Addie.

-don't remember it being this PAINFUL to bend over. wow.


So all in all its been quite a different ride!!! Hence it being a boy maybe??

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO CUTE with your belly! It's fun to hear about your pregnancy, although being sick past the 3rd trimester - I'm sorry. That stinks. But you are on the home stretch! My best advice is to plan on going to go to 42 weeks, that way you won't be disappointed if you do! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara....you and I look the SAME right now....and I am only 22 weeks!! You look great and are so little. I think I'm bigger this time around too, maybe it's the boy thing.

    I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone!! (Well for me anyway :)) I can't wait to meet this little guy!

    Good luck these next few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO good!!! Our due dates are so close!
    Good luck in the last couple of weeks!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete