Monday, March 21, 2011

disney on ice

Last week my two sisters and I braved it with the kiddos and went to disney on ice!
Thanks to my brother in law Josh for hooking us up with free tickets (and for Josh and Donna joining us as we couldn't have done it without you).

  We dined at Noodles (dining with a bunch of kiddos is always a treat! Especially Addie these days! After she spilled my entire glass of water on herself I remembered why we don't go to restaurants anymore)
We then headed over to the show. It was a fun night, but also exhausting might I add since Addie did NOT sit still for more than 1.5 seconds. But we made it through with a smile on our face! Luckily we sat mid row so I didn't battle the stairs all night.

a pic of the girlies, easier said than done!
 My nieces all really loved the show and were super intent on watching the whole time. Christian (my 5 yr. old nephew) came too, and I think the Buzz and Woody appearances at the end made it worth it. I'm pretty sure the only character Addie knew was Mickey and Minnie mouse, but I think she was more entertainined with climbing over the chairs anyway.
 the very best pic I could get of Addie, stinker wouldn't hold still
(ignore the crappy quality thanks to my iphone)
 Courtney and Audrey & I
I held Audrey for a good bit of the show while Trista had Addie (phew!), what a sweetheart she is. I loved watching how SUPER excited my nieces got when the princesses came out to skate! So cute.

4 comments:

  1. We haven't been to Disney on ice! I wonder if my kids will sit through it, or if it would just be work is why. Every year I think, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great mom. Way to brave it out and take all the kiddos. Your comment of 'I remembered why we don't go out to restaurants anymore' made me laugh. I better enjoy the few months I can of Brooklyn while she will stay still. I love Addie's adventurous personality...so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for free tickets and cousin time! What did you think of Disney on Ice? (is it an adult thing at all, or just skaters dressed up like princesses?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison- it was enjoyable but not something it'd go to unless I had kids that were into disney.

    ReplyDelete