Wednesday, February 23, 2011

24 and 8 months

I am 24 and 8 months old. My favorite time of year is anytime but winter. I don't like high heels. I have to sleep with a comforter and no top sheet. I always have to have nail polish on my toes. I procrastinate too much. I wish I made time to go to the gym more. I want to become a morning person. I love sunday naps. I can't imagine life without my daughter. I wish I was more decisive. I enjoy ironing but not the idea of it. I want to live in the mountains and in a small country town during my life. I'm happiest when I'm playing with Addie and Breton and enjoying that moment. I always wear an elastic hair band on my wrist. I constantly have clean clothes on my bedroom floor waiting to be folded. I have a horrible sweet tooth. My food has to be hot not warm. I love my iphone but hate it too. The thought of being pregnant again makes me nauseated. I love to go on vacation. I want to go back to the beach and stay for good. I'm a recent blonde turned brunette. My natural color is somewhere in between. I've learned for myself that 8 hours of sleep is perfect and don't like it when I get more or less. I wish I knew how to sew. I have horrible circulation and have had frost bite on my toes. I love having sisters. I like stealing Breton's clothing to lounge around in i.e. hoodies, sweats, t-shirts, etc. My favorite thing to drink is water. I wish I'd worked harder to play tennis in college. I want to have an awesome garden one day. My favorite car was my first- a hand me down red BMW from my sister niki. My wedding ring is filthy. I sometimes don't like how I'm a list person. I don't read my scriptures as much as I'd like. I miss random date nights with my hubby. I love taking baths with Addie. I want to own another BMW. I'm scared of the unknown. I think freckles are cute. I want to wear flip flops everyday. I love waterparks. I want to get lasik eye surgery if my eyes will ever stop getting worse. I want to join a doubles league with my dad. I miss both my grandma's and can't wait to be with them both again. My grandpa 'pa' was one of the best people I've ever known. I think shaving is a waste of time but can't stand not doing it everyday. I'm becoming more of a wuss the older I get. I can always find a reason not to clean my bathroom. My favorite day is friday. I want to run a marathon one day. I am late more than I'd like to be. I love to cook. My sister Trista is my hero. I love smoothies especially peach pleasure. I want to learn how to snowboard. I love eating cherries but hate the cherry pit. I can't stand watching baseball. I like buying books for Addie and can never have enough. I always sleep with a fan on. I wish I was more crafty. I like turning the water cold at the end of my shower. I want to go on an Alaskan cruise. I love it when my house is clean. I hate spending money to fix cars. I've never mowed a lawn. I can't stand when people are fake. I love to take pictures of people. I have to write it down if I want to remember it. I think white cars are boring. I love cuddling with Breton every night. I want to be more patient. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and that we will live with them again. I love it when Addie laughs hard. My mom has always been my greatest example and my rock. I'm a sucker for sales. I'm afraid of losing my loved ones. I still like some hip hop and rap and I blame that on west high. I gag at the smell of doritos. I love reading a good book. I want to go to the temple more. I like open spaces and sometimes get claustrophobic living in a big city. I love a good pair of jeans. I can't go anywhere without chapstick. Knowing I'll have to teach my kids everything they need to know in life scares me. I am me. I am Lara Yates. I am 24 and 8 months old.



(*thanks Alison for letting me steal your idea*)

5 comments:

  1. You are most welcome. I want a self-portrait to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how many things we have in common. I'm totally copying you sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! We have a lot in common and it was fun to read all these things about you. I especially loved..."the thought of being pregnant again makes me nauseated" - that is EXACTLY how I feel! Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED reading this!!! You are adorable. Let's hang out again soon. I vote NOT to go to a HORRIBLE movie again though. haha

    ReplyDelete