Thursday, January 20, 2011

California part 1

We just returned a couple weeks ago from an AWESOME family vacation to southern California. Breton, Addie and I arrived a couple days earlier than the rest of the fam, since he was having to leave a few days early to get back to work (BOO). This was our first vaca as a family of 3! (at least for the first couple days) We tried to make the most of each moment with our hubby/daddy
sunset at santa monica pier

It got pretty chilly at night and the water was FREEZING at that time, so we didn't let her down or no doubt she'd run straight for the water 
(don't worry- we did have an amazing beach day)



 precious. I love these two more than anything!
there happened to be a Wisconsin pep rally ending just as we showed up to the beach (nice timing! rose bowl was a couple days later Wisconsin vs TCU)
some CRAZY college student stripped to his undies and dove into the water. PSYCHO! but I did catch it on camera and thought it was pretty funny

On a side street right off of Rodeo Drive, we lucked out with a sweet Marriott right in Beverly Hills
 We ventured up to the Griffith Observatory above Beverly Hills, you can spot the tiny Hollywood sign just behind us
Addie had just fallen asleep when we arrived to the observatory, so she was a bit out of it 
 the observatory houses a HUGE telescope in one of the domes, and all kinds of cool exhibits relating to astronomy, we checked it out as long as we could before Addie couldn't stand the crowds anymore and needed to just RUN

our New Year's celebration at the Marriott where we stayed, celebrating at New York time!

We stayed at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas and the property was SO beautiful, this is the view from our room
and a sunset from our deck
First time at the BEACH!!
K Addie LOVED the beach, I decided at some point in her childhood we HAVE to live near a beach. Besides the fact that I love it too...we would be there every single day.
I realized as soon as we pulled up I had actually forgotten my camera- the ONE event I wanted to capture!!! grrrrr! thanks to the iphone and my sister's camera we still captured her joy


for the first couple minutes, she wasn't sure what she thought about the sand on her feet, but she adjusted quickly. I was most surprised she didn't run and jump in the water the first chance she got, then I felt the water and realized why! 



 My sister Trista and Ryan
 5 year old nephew Sammy





 We will hopefully be returning to the beach again SOONER rather than later

Part 2 of California still to come...

4 comments:

  1. I love all these pic's! They're so pretty, and look so fun! I saw this post late last night, and I had a dream my family got to stay at that hotel, and do it all for way cheap b/c your dad told me a secret code. haha I wish.
    Can't wait for part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so much fun. I can't wait to take Beck to a beach soon too. :) Beautiful views as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures - especially the family pictures on the beach. Addie is such a beautiful little girl and I love how outgoing she is.

    Can't wait for part 2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED reading about your trip! LUCKY! Have you guys been planning this for a while? That is hard to get that big of a group on a trip. You guys lucked out!!! I want to go when Sophie is older and can be cute like Addie was! HOw did you get such cute fonts on your blog? It is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete