Wednesday, August 22, 2012

happy half birthday to you!

this handsome little man turned 1/2 year old today!
 Rather than having cake, we celebrated by eating carrots!! Baby's dream right? I think he liked them almost as much as he would have cake. haha! Who am I kidding. My intention was to shoot some really cute pics of this little guy looking his best, but the day didn't turn out that way. Maybe tomorrow!

he was getting a little sleepy for bedtime...


 This little guy lights up each and every day of mine. 
A few things about our Colby Colbs, as Addie calls him:

*has taken to sucking on his two fingers, whether he's playing, eating or sleeping, that hand is constantly headed towards his mouth.  He'll often soothe himself to sleep by sucking on his fingers.
*Once he figured out how to roll, he hasn't looked back. He's constantly rolling onto his belly when I lay him on the floor, and can usually do one more roll to get back to his back, but occasionally he'll get stuck on his belly and after a few minutes start to complain...he also thinks sleeping on his belly is the cool thing to do! This has me freaked out a bit so I'm constantly rolling him back to his side during naps and nighttime.
*the smiles just keep coming with this little guy these days, the first few months were a little sketchy but we've turned a corner and he is so much happier now! We're all loving life again now that the madness has stopped.
*Just like his older sis, he loves having on the least amount of clothing as possible. He's almost giddy when he plays this way and his BEST naps are always when he's just wearing a diaper.
 *This kid has A LOT to say. Like all the time, constantly jabbering. I can only imagine the fun when the words start to flow. When we were in Sun Valley last month with my family he started to do this screeching yell whenever we were in any public place. It was insanity! No he wasn't mad, just screaming in excitement for life??? I don't know. It was almost comical until we couldn't have a meal at a restaurant without one of us outside with him cause he was so darn loud!
But we luckily found a solution.
 *his special blankies he sleeps with are his animal aden and anais blankets. He'll usually wrap himself up, roll on his side and have one hand holding the blanket to his face and the other hand in the mouth. 
 We've seen lots of changes in our little household the last few months, not only does Colby keep growing and changing but Addie seems to have grown up SO much. The two munckins are sharing a room now, these were the first time with Colby in his big boy crib and Addie in her big girl bed. Between potty training, sleeping in a big bed and saying bye bye to binkis, it seems my baby girl is officially a big girl now.  Luckily I've got another baby to fill that void!

 Sibling love!!
I am so blessed to be a mama to these two.

4 comments:

  1. How freaking cute!!! Your kids are growing so fast, and they are adorable! We need to have another play date soon!! My fav pic is that one with Colby wrapped in his blankey with his index finger in his mouth! How sweet!!! And of course that last pic with Addie! I love it! I think I have a picture of me and you going out dancing, and you are making the same face as Addie! Shes a little mini you! I LOVE IT!!! lets play soon! Love ya SLF

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is SO dang cute!! can't believe our babes are 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures. I want to eat him up with those baby blue eyes! And I'm glad to hear that things are getting better with the two kid thing. It is a lot easier when the babe gets older, I'll agree. It seems like the two of them get along really well and Addie is a great big sister. Also, Colby looks like his dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, as always I have a lot to comment on :)

    No way can Colby be 6 months! Holy crap...where did the time go?? I can't believe how fast that has gone. He has the BEST smile - the kind that take up his WHOLE face..I love it. I love that both he and Addie love wearing as little clothes as possible. I'm starting to have that with Brooklyn (I think the AZ heat is having something to do with it). I love the aden and anais blankets for Jake too - they are the best!

    Umm...when did Addie become such a big girl?? That is awesome! Oh I need ALL your advice! How did it go with the binkie, big girl bed, and potty training? Which did you do first? Seriously, help me! ha ha. Jake is still in our room..but I want to get the two in the same room pretty soon. But I don't know if Brooklyn is ready for a big girl bed. And Addie is just as pretty as her mom!

    ReplyDelete