What better way to start out my cancun post than this...
paradise!!!
We decided in April that a sweet vaca was much needed to celebrate Breton graduating from medical school, so we rounded up most of Breton's family and we all went to Cancun!
It was AMAZING
and now its time to reminisce on the good times that were had...
*and just a little warning, picture overload is about to occur*
What better way to welcome you to Mexico than to get thrown into the ocean!
Victory!
Breton and his step-dad Bret frolicking
the ladies
Our first day was a little overcast but we didn't mind since it made the temps a little more bearable.
Actually before we left for Mexico, the weather report had 70% chance of rain for the entire week!! EK! Little did we know the summer time is 'rainy season' in Mexico. We were kinda freaking out. But luckily the only day that it was cloudy was our first day there. The sun was nice and scorching every other day of the trip.
we hit up some kayaking, some of the pics are a little blurry as they were taken on the GO PRO. That darn humidity.
sand in the eye is no bueno...
moments after Chanelle got taken down by Brooks
OH and the drinks. Those glorious drinks.
Conga con coconut sin alcohol, how I miss you.
just pulling a groin, no biggie.
Hmmmmmm
Our resort had these SWEET swim up pools to some of the rooms. Nope we didn't get one of those, but we can pretend that we did.
oversized iguanas and oversized anteater looking things were all over the place
and the little froggy we put in Bret and Cari's bathtub
ping pong tourney!
final match: Mark vs. Brooks (both from our family)
I guess we dominated the tourney.
And some good ol' fashion pool volleyball
At least that's what the they thought until alcohol was getting shoved down their throats after they missed a spike. It was a short lived game of volleyball.
Like Katie said, the girls on their way to dinner
ahahahaha!
Brig forgot to bring pants on the trip, and we found out the hard way that they're pretty strict on dress code at dinner time...no they won't let you in wearing capri's, but they will let you in in a skirt. Interesting.
the beloved linen pantalones,
bought especially for this occasion
(like the spanish flare?)
Seafood. Ek.
So there were random statues all over the grounds...we likey.
main lobby
actually one of two main lobbies, did I mention this place was huge?
our sweet rooms
yes we had two queens, which we slid together to make one gigantic bed
the courtyards
sweet huts for chillaxin
sunblock+water=our best friends
oh and those free 5 minute massages they'd tempt you with
Colette and I got our free 5 minutes in a special little hut
Breton talked his lady into rubbing his chest and head rather than his back.
He thoroughly enjoyed those five minutes, so very much. Until later that night when we realized that massage oil was probably the reason he looked like a lobster.
getting our beach football on
hottie
the whole crew minus Chanelle's bf Mark who was kindly taking the photo
couple shots...
Brooks & Katie
Chanelle & Mark
me and my babe
Breton & Mark
hottest couple yet
oh lala
yeah just go with it
creeping
and that bald head just beading
we had lots of animal amigos at the beach
workin it
what the gangsta?
Bret & Cari
the most delicious dinner, tepanyaki
We did some snorkeling right there at our resort as the gear was included, worst snorkeling I ever did do! I could barely see the hand right in front of my face, let alone sea life. But we made up for it the next day.
On our last day, we rented a car and did our own excursion!
First to the ruins at Tulum
so amazing and beautiful
if I could just build myself a little hut on that patch of sand...
small sidetrack to buy snorkeling gear,
don't mind us handicap pregnant ladies in the walmart parking lot
and finally to the beach to do some snorkeling
swimming with a turtle, no biggie
This beach is known for its turtles, check out the fish hanging out underneath the turtle shell
sunset on the beach
By far one of our best trips yet.
hIgh point: Hitting up the club at our resort
low point: Breton puncturing his eardrum cannonballing into the pool. Luckily the trip was mostly over with at that point.
Next graduation trip..FIJI



































It looks amazing, relaxing, and fun! Glad you got to get away!
ReplyDeleteSOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! I need a vaca from my 4 kiddos! PS You look AMAZING and you just had a baby!! I hate you - LoL - ..No, I could never hate you! Lets get together soon!!! Love ya girlie!
ReplyDeleteThat is a WELL DESERVED trip for the both of you! And I am JEALOUS!! Wow - that looks like it was so.much.fun. And I agree with Anne - you look amazing. You can wear a bikini after JUST having a baby??...amazing. I think I'd have to wear my snowsuit out in public to go swimming right now :)
ReplyDeletehahaha! I totally forgot about the handicap pregnant sign at walmart! Love it.
ReplyDeleteFigi sounds good:)