Tuesday, May 15, 2012

little miss

The last three months has been a roller coaster with this little lady.
Terrible two's in full force/insane girl emotions/I'm now a rebel child since I'm not #1 anymore.
Girl you have tested my patience!
But I still love you to pieces.
With all the spotlight being on your little bro, let's dedicate a post just to you to recap all the growing up you've done recently.

you've become fascinated with playing in my makeup.
this is to be expected.
makeup by Addie and Courtney
you proceeded to roll around on trista's white carpet
red lipstick+white carpet=no bueno
this picture is a little frightening to me.
Its like a 16 yr old attitude in a 2 yr old body. yikes.
some much needed daddy+daughter time at the REAL game.
My binki babies.
 Still loooving that binki, but not for long.....tehehe
cute right?
not so cute.
You've given up your naps lately which often results in a meltdown right around 5 pm.
But its totally worth it to me to have you asleep at 830 pm rather than 11 pm. 
Today was one of those days, insane meltdown, put you in timeout in the rocking chair, can't even remember what the meltdown/timeout was for but I came back a minute later and you're eyes were half closed and you were doing some serious head bobbing in the rocking chair. So much that you were making the chair rock back and forth almost falling off with each head bob. And your eyes were still half open. It was the funniest looking thing I'd seen all day. I hurried and took a video before you slumped over and fell asleep.
It seems you've forgotten how to smile. Trying to relearn but not working so well.
Sharing your blue flower with Colby. You love these flowers I got at IKEA and will hand them out everyday. Green for mom, green for dad, pink for Addie, and blue for Colby.
hello disney store!
 oh how we've missed the merry-go-round!
random photo:
 you wanted me to take a picture of you pretending to be asleep...
your minnie toys!!!
Your grand prize after filling up your Potty chart.
You go babe!
 Were on the road to being potty trained, nope we're not perfect yet but we're getting there. I think. We just have to be within 5 seconds of a potty.. or there's pee all over my leather seats in my car, for example.
You'll get better though, I know you will.
Funniest moment yet (and were only a week in some I'm sure they'll be plenty more), when flushing the toilet you say:
"Bye pee! Have a nice day at your home!"
answering our door in undies and heels
and finally, plastered in sand from Willard Bay!

Miss Addie, our lives would be a lot less exciting if we didn't have you around!!

4 comments:

  1. tehehe....oh this post was fun to read!!

    Oh Miss Addie - what a beauty she is! I love the picture '16 year old attitude in a 3 year old body' :) I'm worried about how Brooklyn is going to do with a little brother...she's not even 2 yet and has her meltdowns. I'm going to need ALL your advice ;)

    Way to go on potty training!! That is a lot of work and will be SO nice to only have 1 in diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the life of a first child - it's all been taken away! I mean, I understand that it's hard, but they have NO idea how hard they make it for us.... Soren is starting to refuse to nap and i can't take it! And he's terrible at 5, nap or not. Ethan has no idea where his child went. I feel ya, sister! All the same, I love this post! She is cute, even if she is a stinker. This stage can't last forever, can it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, she's going to love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the sassy ones! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete