I've said it before and I'll say it again, fall is my absolute favorite time of year.
Ever since I graduated from school and was no longer a student (hallelujah to that) I have begun to love fall. For some silly reason I use to despise fall since it meant summer was over and school was beginning again. I'm happy I enjoy fall now cause its such a perfect time of year. So there's my excuse for so many fall posts. I've gotta enjoy it now to make up for lost time!
And did I mention Addie kissed our pumpkins each time we left the house?
We kept them on our porch thru thanksgiving. She was slightly attached.
I gave myself an early christmas present this year and bought a 50 mm fixed lens for my Canon. yay for me! I was testing it out this day. I only used it for about 5 minutes cause my card was about full but I love it thus far.
a different day but same cute Addie playing in leaves.
first snowfall of the year!
we've had very little snow for it being mid-december, I hope we'll get some soon cause Addie loved the snow. We're dying to take her sledding.
When we walked out the door with her coat and hat on she told me
'I'm like a snowman'
I told her to taste the snow and after putting some in her mouth, she looked at the snow and said 'hmm that's pretty good'. I couldn't help but laugh it was so cute.
and hooray for the fact that we actually raked the leaves this year!!
Nope didn't get done last year before we got dumped on. And the year before that I raked about half of them in bitter cold and wind then gave up.
Addie helped for a sec until she got cold.
and finally Thanksgiving!!!
So much to be thankful for and nothing better than to be around those we love most.
We love it when we're able to hit both family parties. So much good food. Turkey dinner is THE absolute meal for me when I'm pregnant so it was oh so good this year.
I was not so good at photographing memories this year though, we had Breton's family dinner at Heather and Scott's house like usual. It was a sunny somewhat decent day too which meant the boys could have their pre-eating football game. Lots of good food and laughs.
After we went to my Aunt Ginger's house for our second dinner and it was delicious. I took some random photographs of the crowd.
my personal fav...
Addie looks a bit stoned, but loved getting lots of attention from her older boy cousins.
After several helpings we rolled ourselves off the couch and headed up to Park City to spend the weekend at the Canyons resort with Bruce and Deb and fam. Such a fun tradition.
Addie had loads of fun swimming 2-3 times a day and getting in the 'hot tub'. We've cursed her cause that's all she wants to do now. We were going from the pool to the hot tub on a sunny but super chilly day and she ran and jumped into the hot tub without even thinking! I was a few steps behind her but luckily Bruce grabbed her right after she went under. Needless to say she was pretty frightened, but probably instilled a little bit of caution in her so it wasn't all bad.
Aside from all the swimming we also decided to brave the cold and rode the people movers with all the kids. Not sure what the correct names is but I'm sticking with people movers.
Addie's face is a perfect description for the current temp.
The weekend was of course filled with more yummy food, never ending ping pong games, black friday shopping at the outlets with WAY too many people, and big kid sleepovers.
On our way home sunday morning, Breton and Addie rode the people mover down and I met them at the bottom. if you squint hard you may be able to see them...
there ya have it folks!!








Sounds like a fun weekend! I've been wanting to get a 50mm lens for a while. How much did it cost? Where did you get it? Do you feel like it makes that much of a difference for portraits?
ReplyDeleteAddie is a DOLL, I love her. I love her hair and can't wait for Brooklyn's to grow.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I especially love that Addie would kiss the pumpkins every time you left the house..so cute!