So in case you missed it, I was husband-less for the entire month of August.
YES the entire month!! Which not only covered our 6 year anniversary but weeks 9-13 of my pregnancy. HELLO! could the timing have been worse??? nope definitely not. Glad its over. This was by far the longest we'd ever been apart, and although it was pretty tough and quite lonely at times at least I had my Addie boo to entertain and distract me.
slideshow of august:
we baked
(brownies in the oven)
we ate
we caught up on sleep
(cuddling with her baby)
we partied with sammy and will
we had crazy hair days
we swam a lot
we zoo'd
(just made up that word)
we played hard at the park
we made art
and we laughed lots.
Breton on the other hand......
was busy going to Seattle Seahawks games
and watching BYU women's soccer
aka watching his awesome sister Colette

hahaha. Ok that's not true. In reality he was working his butt off, spending 100+ hours a week at the Harborview Hospital in downtown Seattle on the orthopaedic trauma service.
Those were probably the only two nights he had off the entire month. He happened to score sweet lower bowl tix to the Seahawks game and was lucky enough to get to watch BYU play University of Seattle while he was there.
Aside from all the long hours, he actually did enjoy Seattle and thought it was an amazing city. If he ever got off before sunset he'd go explore Seattle and saw lots of cool stuff. He also happened to be there during the 2 months out of the year when the weather is actual perfect so that helps.
But we are glad he's home!!!! I'll be going with him next time he leaves for a month! Which will hopefully be never.
aka watching his awesome sister Colette
hahaha. Ok that's not true. In reality he was working his butt off, spending 100+ hours a week at the Harborview Hospital in downtown Seattle on the orthopaedic trauma service.
Those were probably the only two nights he had off the entire month. He happened to score sweet lower bowl tix to the Seahawks game and was lucky enough to get to watch BYU play University of Seattle while he was there.
Aside from all the long hours, he actually did enjoy Seattle and thought it was an amazing city. If he ever got off before sunset he'd go explore Seattle and saw lots of cool stuff. He also happened to be there during the 2 months out of the year when the weather is actual perfect so that helps.
But we are glad he's home!!!! I'll be going with him next time he leaves for a month! Which will hopefully be never.
You are hilarious, and Addie's so much fun. So funny the pic of Breton by himself at the game. That is definitely a long time, glad you guys all survived.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely should go along for the ride next time! It did seem like you two were very busy, despite those "blah" weeks in the first trimester. I wish I could have been there to go to the zoo with you!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I had no idea how much I missed on your blog. That's SO SO awesome that you are pregnant girly! Congrats! Addy is so adorable. I can't believe how much she's looking like you lately. We HAVE to get together soon! Addy and Beck are only 4 1/2 months apart, I bet they'd have a blast together. :)
ReplyDelete