'Happy day tutu!!'
this is how Addie sang happy birthday to me, love it.
It was my 25th birthday on June 22 and we celebrated big. First off breakfast at Pancake House then boating at beautiful Pineview with the fam.
A BIG thanks to our cousin Heather (she's the BEST!) for providing the boat and planning the day. It was a blast.
We started out with some knee boarding, I'd never knee boarded before so it took me a sec to get my balance but once I did I was good to go. I was the first to go of the adults so all I knew was to hold on. I wasn't sure whether I should go out of the wake, but finally I went for it.
Wahoo! I wiped out on my 2nd attempt out of the wake. haha.
Mckentri and Boston
our fearless Capt. Heather
Heather workin it
and Lettey making it look good
I love how Addie's life jacket is overtaking her, she was such a good sport. She loved jumping into the water despite the fact it was FREEZING.
And then came the tube. Oh that dreaded tube.
Capt. Heather gave the boys a nice beating. That's Breton and Sterling barely holding on, another man down in the water somewhere.
Colette, Clark & I went out for a ride after the boys. It'd been quite a few years since I'd been tubing, and that tubing didn't even compare to this. So scary but oh so fun.
We took a short break from the chaos and took out the two little girlies Sammy and Addie. They're about 6 mos apart.
It was a nice easy ride. Addie and Sammy were stone faced the whole time, didn't phase them a bit.
Heather+Sammy
Mid-day we sent the girlies home with Aunt Cathy so the big kids could have some fun.
And now it was the girls turn.
Breton failed to get any pics of us on the water, he was too busy trying to kill us. I feared for my life. Before the fun started Heather and Colette told me he'd have mercy on us since his precious wife was on board. But there was NO mercy my friends. It was chaos and body parts were flying. Heather ended up with a bruised rib and goose egg from our heads colliding.
But we didn't stop. Terrifying but oh so fun.
We figured out afterwards there was a hole in the tube, Breton compared it to riding the water on a bed sheet. Very accurate description.
But that didn't stop them from piling 4 of them on. And exceeding the weight limit by a couple hundred pounds. Oh the good times just kept coming. At one point Breton was at the bottom of the pile and I could only see part of his smashed face, I guess I was laughing too hard to snap a photo but you get the picture.
After boating we were seriously wiped out. But not too tired to eat! We had a good dinner at Texas Road House then saw Source Code.
What a blast! I love my fam!
It'll be hard to top this one.
What a perfect way to celebrate your bday!! That all looks so much fun.
ReplyDeleteNow WE need to celebrate your bday...umm...breakfast or lunch playdate??