Monday, June 6, 2011

U2


So Bono totally rocked my world when he came to town last week.

Concert was A-MAZING. No kidding folks. Hands down the best concert I've ever attended.
 And that's sayin something since he's up against N'Sync and Snoop Dogg in that category.


But seriously they put on quite a show. Me and 50,000 other fans rocked out like we were kids again. Even though I wasn't a wild teenager when U2 was at its peak, I still felt like I grew up with them thanks to my older sisters. I surprisingly knew the majority of the songs and was thoroughly entertained on every level from start to finish. Anyone would've been with the show they put on.
 what a spectacle
check out the claw and 360 degree screen
the mega huge circular screen even had some tricks up its sleeve. Part way through the show the screen stretched to the bottom of the stage transforming from one big screen to a stretched out chain link-fence looking screen made up of a bunch of tiny screens. 
Yep that's my best description of it. Don't ask me how they pull of these crazy stunts.


Its no wonder the show costs roughly $750,000 each day there on tour EVEN on off days. Woowzers. I almost fell of my chair when I read that figure.  But its also the top grossing concert tour of all time already grossing over $600 million. So I guess it all evens out in the end right?

Some of my favs of the night:
     Mysterious Ways
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
One
With or Without You

I could go on and on... 
Thanks to my two sisters and their hubby's who rocked out with us 
AND to U2!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun, I didn't know you guys went! Cutlers went, and my neighbors, I'm sure a ton of other people too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh man!! So sad I missed this. Glad you had such a fun time - I heard over and over again just how good it was.

    ReplyDelete