Saturday, May 17, 2014

daffodils and tulips

We've seen some pretty beautiful spots around here lately

We spontaneously jumped in our car one sunday afternoon and drove to the daffodil fields I'd heard of in Litchfield, and boy oh boy, it did not disappoint!











There was a couple barns just down the road that Colby spotted, you can see it in the background of this one
He kept yelling 'amimal barn cow!' over and over
So we had to go check out all the cows after we left the daffodils for Colby's sake




This place was so magical and breathtaking
There was a plaque that read that a couple had planted these daffodil fields in the 1940's for people to come and enjoy, how amazing
We will absolutely be going back every spring!

 Next up, there's a beautiful park called 'Elizabeth Park' that just a mile or so from our house, it's known for its beautiful gardens
I'd heard the tulip garden was in bloom so we headed over one evening
Wow it was gorgeous
Oh how I love tulips!




 Can you spot Addie and Colby? 
I see two legs and one arm playing peekaboo
A rare moment, maybe Colby stopped for a quick prayer?









This is part of the rose gardens, 
when in bloom all these arches will be covered in roses
Can't wait!


 What a beautiful evening with this little trio

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I have never been to Elizabeth park! That is amazing! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! And your kids are so cute! Love the pics. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both places are so incredibly beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures you take here over the years!

    ReplyDelete