Wednesday, April 2, 2014

he's 2!

My baby boy is 2!
Oh how the time keeps flying by
On the little man's birthday, we spent the morning at Jump Zone aka bouncy house land

They have a hurricane simulator there are the kids snuck into it while another little girl was in it 
They thought it was just about the best thing ever
 So of course we had to do it again and for some reason I went in with them thanks to Breton insisting
Let's just say my hair resembled a rats nest afterwards and did until we got home later
Dining at Potbelly's for dinner later that night
We gave them each a menu while waiting in line and they both proceeded to 'read' the menu
This was totally unprompted, but I loved that I had my phone close to snap a photo
 I felt a little like a loser mom since I hadn't bought him a fancy kid birthday cake, so at the last moment we got a fruit tart from Whole Foods
Go me!
We all loved it so not a total failure
Today was the second warm day in a row (small miracle) so I thought we better get outside while we can
I've been really lazy with taking photos lately, its just so much easier on the iphone but I made the giant effort to walk back upstairs to get my camera cause gosh dang it these kids are too funny right now not to remember all these little moments
He's slightly obsessed with balls lately like every other two year old boy
Except he calls every ball a soccer ball
He had to carry several different types of 'soccer balls' outside to play with




Oh these two
One second Colby's tackling Addie with a bear hug
The next he's smacking her
I can't ever predict what's gonna happen next

Quick wagon ride to the playground
Addie never fails to make Colby laugh
Airplane!
There were lots of airplanes in the sky today






This little babe has always been a ray of sunshine in our family, being his mama is becoming more and more enjoyable as time goes by
He truly brings so much joy and laughter into our lives!

Some things about Colby at age 2:

*He Insists that his name is 'Kebel' or 'Bebel', not Colby
'Kebel's turn'! He'll yell all the day long
Finally yesterday he pronounced his name correctly!
I think it'll take a while to break him of Kebel

*He LOVES to climb and jump and run, his run always makes me laugh
His little legs moving as fast as possible and his left arm swinging like crazy
It's not unusual to see him jumping off the couch face first 
I like to say he's pretending he's superman

*This kid would do puzzles all day long if he could, his favorite puzzle which he's probably done a hundred times is this Melissa and Doug farm animal puzzle
He's memorized where each piece goes so he now does it in record time!
He also loves to have books read to him, he'll go up to friends or sometimes strangers and hand them a book and expect them to start reading

*He loves kicking a soccer ball around with Breton,
he also likes watching Breton play in his soccer games but he just doesn't get why he can't run on the field with the rest of the guys so the games are spent pulling him off the sidelines over and over

*His classic farewell line is 'bye guys'
He says this just about every time we're leaving anyplace

*He's an expert when it comes to 'amimals' and animals sounds
'ebras' (zebras), 'rafe' (giraffe) and 'ippo' (hippo) are a few of my faves
his snorting sound for a pig is pretty awesome too

*He can count to 11 by himself
He started counting out of the blue around Christmas time and I was totally caught off guard, I had no idea he knew how to do this
He always counts the stairs as we go up or down them

*He'll say full sentences of jibber jabber sometimes and it totally kills me
and he acts like he's in deep conversation when he does it
In general I'm starting to understand most of what he says, but there are rare moments of total jibber jabber

*Reese's, chocolate chip cookies and ice cream are a few favorite treats
and anything else with sugar as an ingredient

*His 'kiki' (blankie) is his absolute most favorite thing in the world
Luckily we have 3 kiki's just in case
kiki's aka aden and anais animal blankets

*his must haves for sleep are his kiki, rafe (giraffe), kiki mouse (mickey mouse), minnie, and his drink

*He said his first prayer before bed last week 
I broke it down to one word at a time, and he repeated each word
He may have been jumping off addie's bed while doing so
we're working on the reverence thing

*He loooooves our friend Isla, she was initially Addie's friend but Colby has really taken to her and he always greets her with yells and kisses and hugs
Luckily Isla loves him back

Happy Birthday little Colbs!!!
We love you!

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your blog of your adorable family!!! How very grateful we are to be an eternal famy!!! Love you FOREVER!!! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Glad you're blogging again. Maybe we can route each other on :). I want to hear bye guys! Cute pics of your cute kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you took with your camera. What lens do you have again? I also love the picture of you with the kids in the hurricane tunnel. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the cutest! Love the "real" photos. Can't ever get enough of Colby's jibber jabber conversations either. He does seem very serious about what he's saying. Haha!

    ReplyDelete